THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, August 9, 2010

First Sewing Project

I've decided that JAC is an only child.  We turned our guest bedroom into a sewing room and I love it so much that I've decided the room will never be a nursery again.  It is the perfect sunny spot for a little inspiration to create something fun.

I've mentioned that my mom bought me a sewing machine for my birthday. After watching some instructional videos I finally got up the nerve to try my first project. I made an apron with a ruffle. I added rick-rack because I always think it looks cheerful. I am so proud of this little project. My mom had to coach me through how to make the ruffle over the phone but it turned out to be my favorite part.

I made lots of novice mistakes. There were lots of crooked stitches and I fixed a bunch of thread jams. Still, I enjoyed every minute. Something about getting to be creative is just highly satisfying.

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous Jill Horn said...

So true- being creative is highly satisfying. I get really impatient with the whole sewing the project together though. Never seems to come together fast enough for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home