THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Nothing Post

This post is about nothing. I have nothing on my mind but I didn't want my one loyal reader to give up on me.

Today I had my best run of the year. It was awesome and reminded me why I run. After the marathon I took most of the winter off. I have decided to blame the mountains of snow. When spring came JAC and I hit the road again and it was PAINFUL. I wasn't paying attention and while I was hibernating JAC gained over ten pounds. Pushing a 30 pound baby in a stroller, up hills while trying to breath often results in pain.

The weather here is awesome. DC really does spring right. JAC and I both are looking a bit tanned from hours at the park.

We went to a wedding shower last night. I knew there would be lots of party food so I fed JAC a healthy dinner before we left. JAC wasn't buying it. He wandered around the house stealing food off party trays. When I wasn't looking he ate 5 chocolate chip cookies, a strawberry and a bunch of chicken nuggets. My kid is getting to be a fatty.

Jess was out of town this weekend. I was on my own to get JAC ready to go to church. While I was madly digging for a skirt JAC climbed on my bed and rolled around like a wild animal. He promptly fell off backwards and upside down and bonked his head. Amidst the crying I decided we weren't going to make it for Sunday school. After getting us both ready I was rushing around cleaning the house. It's always nice to come home to a clean house. While I was shoving clothes in a dresser drawer I accidentally slammed JAC's fingers in a drawer. I felt horrible. I get the mother of the year award. I blame it on the devil. He didn't want us to make it to church.

3 Comments:

At April 12, 2010 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Ahhhh, I often wonder how we think so much alike... I always blame Sunday morning blunders on the devil. I recently asked Jeremy if Satan can really actually have the power to MAKE bad things happen because it never fails, when you are trying to do good and live right all kinds of obstacles start getting in the way.

 
At April 15, 2010 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

YES yes and more yes. Of course Satan doesn't want you, or Jill, or anyone else at church, so yes he's going to make our children be hoolagans on Sundays between 8:30 and 9:30am. Every blasted Sunday. Good job blaming Satan; give credit where it is due! So, once you were at church, how did it go? Just recently Ben did the dreaded "No spanking Mommy!" as I hauled him out of church. Your day is coming!! hahaha

Would you call again? I hated that I missed your call on my birthday. I'm at the in-laws' 325-672-1706. When are you coming west? Love ya.

 
At April 15, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Correction; I do believe you have TWO loyal readers! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home