THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere

Yesterday it rained, and thundered and rained some more. JAC was dismayed. We typically spend 5 hours a day at the park and he didn't want to be stuck indoors. I sympathized with his feelings but quickly grew annoyed the fifth time JAC drug me to the back porch and banged on the stroller attempting to get me to take him outside in a down pour.

Finally the rain stopped and the sky turned pink. The clouds were highlighted in gold and I felt a bit like Noah after being trapped inside with two wild creatures all day. Our neighbors came over and we all went next door to enjoy the fresh air in another neighbor's lawn.

As the guys stood around and drank beer, the girls chatted the kids splashed in the puddles. JAC loved it and was quickly soaked head to toe. The adults stopped talking to admire all the fun the kids were having. Then JAC bent down and put both hands on the ground. He butt was in the air and he lowered his face down. The Dad's questioned what he was up to but within an instant I saw the future. JAC stuck his head in the puddle and tried to take a big drink. Have I mentioned that my son spends too much time with our dog? I'm not sure how I'm going to explain it to our pediatrician when JAC comes down with a case of giardia.

JAC must have been really thirsty because a few minutes later Jess set his beer down. He was going to take JAC home and put dry clothes on him. Without hesitation JAC grabbed the bottle and tried to take a swig. Luckily it was empty but I think I see a wild teenager in our future.

1 Comments:

At March 23, 2010 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hooray for sunshine! So glad that you have fun neighbors to celebrate with. Don't forget: a good swig of beer every now and then makes a boy grow big and strong - like Daddy! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home