THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why I Love My Husband Reason 20013

Today I was in a car accident. I knew it was going to happen. I had a premonition. So, when it did happen it felt more surreal than anything else. I stopped at a red light and watched in my rear view mirror as an over priced SUV collided with the rear end of my truck. When I heard the deep thud and felt the jolt I remember thinking, "I've got this - I knew this was going to happen and everything is OK."

The accident was only a small fender bender and the other driver was a puddle of remorse. As we exchanged insurance information and she supplied broken apologies she said, "I hope your husband will not be too mad."

Jess was not mad. I wasn't even worried about that. He was mildly concerned and glad that I was OK. I had an afternoon of activities planned and went on with my errands. Later, when I arrived home Jess was making dinner. The laundry had been done and he was wearing that brown long sleeve t-shirt that I love. The moment I walked in the door he gave me a huge hug. The accident had been hours before but he still said that he was so thankful that I was home and safe.

My phone blinked alerting me of a voice-mail. It was the lady who had hit me. Her husband was apparently very angry. He didn't want an additional claim on his insurance. When I told her our vehicle only had small scratches and we did not plan on filing a claim she seemed utterly relieved. At that moment, I was very relieved too. I was relieved that I married a man who never asked if our truck was damaged. He just wanted to know that I was safe.

1 Comments:

At March 29, 2010 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

And I am still happy you are safe. ~Jesse

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home