THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Things I Like About Being a Stay at Home Mom

I'm a whiner. You have probably noticed that I wail and complain a lot, especially when it comes to parenting. There are frankly two reasons for this.

Expectation Management: Frankly, I really thought I would be more glamorous than this and I haven't quite gotten over the disappointment.

I am Clueless: I am absolutely clueless about parenting. This results in lots of trial and error and lots more error. My poor kid - If he turns out normal it will only be by the grace of God.

In a refreshing change of pace I have decided not to whine today but instead list my favorite parts of this job.

1. I'm my own boss. I know people try to claim that their kid is the boss but let's face it - I'm bigger. I can still bully this kid around.

2. The commute. I flop out of bed, groan and walk downstairs. Sometimes I forget to put pants on.

3. Being Outdoors. JAC and I spend most of the time in the sun. When it is cold we go to the mall play place. This is why last year my 6 month old had a tan.

4. The fashion. When I worked for the government a day at the office was a virtual fashion parade. Since I am fashion impaired it was bad for my self esteem. In mom world if you put on a skirt people think you're a rock star.

5. The excuses. Part of my job is cooking and cleaning. If none of that gets done I lie on my kitchen floor and cry about how horrible our child is. Jess has sympathy for me and forgets that I didn't do my job for the day. That doesn't often happen in the corporate world.

6. Mushy Stuff. This is the spot where the typical stay at home mom writes about how much she loves molding her child's life or how much a simple hug from a one year old can mean. I'm not going to go there, but please know I sometimes think about those things too.

1 Comments:

At March 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Don't forget the menu: what other profession lets you eat hot dogs, mac n cheese, and mandarine oranges for a nice rounded meal at lunch? Thanks for the post; I love reading your (random) thoughts. Love ya.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home