THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Part 2





We kept our Easter celebration small this year. We went to church. JAC had to get dumped in the nursery after making a mad dash towards the front with his favorite paint brush in hand. Jess and I sang. The sermon was great and when we got home there was only one thing on our minds. We really needed a nap. I put JAC in bed and curled up with Jess. In an instant we were both snoring and it was wonderful.

JAC took the world's shortest nap. I am sure he was deeply excited about the arrival of the Easter Bunny. I sneaked out of bed and let Jess sleep. I knew he really needed it. JAC and I made a yummy late afternoon lunch. Of course the highlight was the pear bunnies.

Pear bunnies are a tradition in my family and Jess loves them. They are pear halves with cottage cheese tails, almond ears, and dates for eyes. I just get a kick out of food shaped like animals.

Before dinner we attempted a quick Easter egg hunt with JAC. He loved the first two eggs he found but then cried when we attempted to get him to put them in his basket. Finally I rolled the eggs within his reach and he tried his best to hoard them far away from me. A few minutes later I caught both JAC and the dog with chocolate drool coming from their mouths and foil candy wrappers wedged between their teeth.

We had planned to take the whole family to a Wizards basketball game. Our neighbor had given us free tickets but JAC seemed really tired. Instead I went to the game and left the guys at home. Holy Solitude!!! It was awesome. It was my first NBA game and the seats were only a few rows from the floor. It wasn't a close game but it was a great treat to have the whole night to myself and experience an NBA game.

1 Comments:

At April 15, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

You look great - really great. Can't wait to see you and hug your neck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home