THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Swim - But Not in the Potomac

What's new with the Connelly's? Today JAC said, "New trash can." He was excited about the new location of his bedroom trash can. We had to move the old trash can when I discovered JAC could reach it from his crib. He was digging out dirty diapers and spreading the contents in his bed.

I taught JAC the sign language for "Please," and he'll actually use it when prompted. Is that considered a parenting victory? I'm pretty sure he just uses it as an avenue to get what he wants.

The Potomac river has swollen past its banks. My insatiable love of disasters prompted a road trip to view the watery mess.

Speaking of mess...I'm neck deep and drowning in Chemistry. I spent another 3 hours studying today. This puts me in double digits. Have I ever told you that I passed college math only by the grace of God? I know you think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. It was a Pass/Fail class. I sat down to take the final exam and didn't know a single question. I prayed that God would help me pick the correct bubbles to fill in and I passed. This method of test taking did not work when I took my GRE. I believe God appreciates prepared students.

I have fallen in love again. This seems to happen about once a week. A new subject will come along and it will be completely enticing. This week I'm in love with Frightened Rabbit. They are a Scottish band and something about their song Swim Until You Can't See Land, feels like a sound track to my life. Here's the link:http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=123317349&m=123302537. I hope you love this song too. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

Jump head first into the abyss. You might just fall in love.

1 Comments:

At March 20, 2010 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Oh so sorry about the Chemistry. It'll be over soon! don't give up! Be encouraged!!

Post some pictures of the Potomac.

Thank you for the letter, magazines and recipes. Love you, sweet friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home