THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ted and the Doctor

My friend April is a doctor. She's not just and ordinary doctor. She's in charge of training the medical interns at George Washington Hospital. That means she's creating future doctors at one of the best medical schools in the world.

Sometimes I look over at her during church. Her waist is decorated in beepers. She is wearing cute calf length boots and every part of me wants to be her. I admire her because she is important. People really need her. But, what I admire most is her talent for loving people where they are. She doesn't try to change you. She just appreciates the person who you are. This is such a unique and valuable quality.

April once called me, "A very process oriented person." I thought it was a great compliment. She also understands my abundant curiosity about random things. Last night she told me about TED Talks. These are 20 minute talks given by experts in multiple fields. They are perfect for moms who don't have much time but are scared their brains are slowly turning into goo.

My first TED Talk was a discussion on how our education system stifles creativity. You can watch TED Talks for free on YouTube. Here's the link to get you started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

1 Comments:

At March 30, 2010 at 6:28 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hooray for wonderful husbands! Thank you God! Thanks for this post; it made me smile and think about my wonderful man. Hug your boys for me. Love you girl. When are you coming to Abilene?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home