THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Final Snow Update

JAC has been absolutely horrible for the last few days. It was getting so bad that I was beginning to think I didn't like him. Unfortunately for both of us we were trapped together. All we could do is stare out the window and watch the wind whip sheets of snow by.

Today the sun came out and slowly neighbors started emerging from their igloo houses. JAC woke up from his nap and I didn't hesitate. I knew exactly what we both needed. I bundled us up, put JAC in his pack and Roxy on her leash and took off. We walked around the neighborhood for about an hour and when I returned the old JAC returned too. It was like we both needed some fresh air.

Grand snow total at our house was approximately 33 inches. It's hard to know the exact amount due to drifting. I took three measurements and then averaged them. That's a lot of snow! Last night when the snow stopped and I was going bonkers, I went out and shoveled out both our vehicles. Roxy was in the front yard but I was shoveling our back driveway. A few minutes later she came running up. I thought the wind had blown our gate open. Instead, the snow was so high Roxy simply stepped over the fence and made her escape. The only thing keeping her in the yard now is her undying devotion to us. Hopefully next week brings us lots of sun.

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hey thanks for all the posts. I'm in Abilene at the moment and catching up on the blogs was like a piece of home! Hope your snow melts soon. We got another 3 inches today. Aaahhhh. On another note: news from our house is that we're job hunting. Kurt chose to resign from his job on Monday. Very long story. When I get home I'll call ASAP. Pray that our house sells and Kurt finds a new job soon. Love ya.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home