THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Safety

Have you noticed that there's been a shortage of posts lately? This phenomenon can be summed up in one word - Chemistry. It is kicking my tail and I hate it and I love it. I'm slowly teaching myself all of the math that I didn't learn in high school. I used to say I hated math. I don't feel like that is true anymore. I like that it is basically problem solving and creative thinking all wrapped up into a package of numbers. I also find it refreshing because your opinion doesn't really matter in math.

My last job had a lot to do with opinions. Most of the opinions were educated and all were passionate but some days I came home feeling like I had been living in a nerd dominated episode of Jerry Springer. I love those nerds. I fit right in but math is nice.

Last night we watched a 1 hour video on lab safety. This video was so detailed that I felt scared to sit in the lab by the time we were done watching. I've always been very accident prone. My finger is currently a blistered mess from a run in with hot caramel. After watching that video I am sure that they should not allow me in the chemistry lab.

I think JAC values safety. For Christmas my mom bought Jess a tool set and JAC a small child's tool set which included a set of play safety glasses. JAC loves wearing them. He digs them out of the toy box, brings them to me and cries until I put them on him. I was trying to take a picture of this when the worst happened. I was sitting at the top of the stairs watching JAC climb up. I was trying to get a picture of JAC wearing his safety glasses and carrying a paint brush. JAC was almost to the top of the stairs and I almost had the perfect picture. In an instant he slipped. He slid down the first two stairs and then went into an all out roll to the bottom.

When I reached him at the bottom he was screaming his head off. I checked his pupils for concussion indicators. I palpated for any injuries and then I did the phone test. I gave him Jess' cell phone - a rare treat because he loves cell phones but is not allowed to play with them. Instantly JAC stopped screaming and started pushing buttons. I figured if a cell phone could cure him he wasn't hurt but scared. I was scared too but at least JAC was wearing his safety glasses.

3 Comments:

At January 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hooray for posts! You didn't know I am stalking you via the web did you? Guess it is the closest we'll get to being neighbors. Thanks for the chat today; I enjoyed it!

 
At January 31, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Quinn said...

Haha! I'm thinking of that scene from Kung Pao: Enter the Fist where the baby rolls down the hill.

 
At February 5, 2010 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hahah, JAC is working on his kung fu skills.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home