THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shoes

If you haven't figured it out yet, I have no idea what I am doing. I'm basically winging it. While other women were reading mountains of parenting books during their pregnancies I was puking my guts up and trying to figure out how my carefully calculated plan had come so off course.

I basically follow JAC around all day and let him do whatever interests him. A few days ago I let him dig in my closet and he came our carrying a pink high heel shoe. He thought it was quite the prize and hauled it around most of the morning. I salute his taste in shoes.

I have one pair of shoes that I wear almost every day. I can slip them on quickly and they look pretty good with a pair of jeans. I was dashing around last week trying to get out the door on time for an appointment. I went to grab my everyday shoes and could only find the left shoe. Unless I wanted to hop on one foot to my appointment, I was going to have to find the other shoe fast. I inventoried my brain searching for the last time I had seen the shoe.

I remembered. The last time I had seen the shoe JAC was carrying it around the house. I began a mad search. I looked in his favorite spots - behind the TV and under the couch. After 10 minutes of searching I gave up and opted to wear an old pair of boots instead.

I puzzled over the missing shoe for days. It even woke me up at night. Our house is not that big. There aren't too many place a shoe could be. This morning I opened the bottom drawer of my dresser and dug around for a sweater. Buried amidst the clothes was the missing shoe! Apparently JAC had hid it there when I wasn't looking. This kid is sneaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home