THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Kid Drawer





While my family was here for Thanksgiving we decided to move JAC's bedroom to the basement. The basement is warm and cozy and I wanted to consolidate the kid stuff out of sight. I have learned that kid stuff has the strange capacity to multiply rapidly. Christmas contributed to this phenomenon because each set of grandparents gave JAC new toys.

I piled all the toys in a Tupperware box in the basement and declared the basement a "play room." Every day I dump the toys out on the floor and try to entice JAC to play. After a few minutes he takes off up the stairs. He'll cruise around the house checking things out but he always seems to end up at the same place - the kid drawer.

JAC is always hanging out in the kitchen while I cook dinner. A few months ago I cleared out one of the lower kitchen drawers and threw some kid friendly junk in there. There are a couple of measuring cups, some measuring spoons, a big wooden spoon, some boxes, hot pads, and a bag of jumbo marshmallows.

JAC loves this drawer and the junk in it. First he always digs to the bottom and retrieves the bag of marshmallows. I always let him open the bag and put one in his mouth before I take the bag away. The marshmallow is a sticky mess but it is fun to glance over and see JAC with a big white blob spilling out of his mouth.

Next JAC bangs the measuring cups together and eventually things end with him chasing the dog around the kitchen with the wooden spoon in hand. This is likely not my best parenting but it keeps JAC busy. So, in the future please don't feel the least bit tempted to buy JAC a toy. It will eventually end up forgotten in the toy box. Instead throw a piece of junk in his drawer. He'll love you forever.

1 Comments:

At February 9, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Jill said...

I love JAC's curly hair! Little boys with curly locks are adorable, and he's definitely no exception! I have also moved tons of baby friendly items to reachable spots in my kitchen to keep our little curious george busy while I cook.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home