THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hiking and the Beach



Have you ever got up in the middle of church service and drove to the beach? Today I did. I sat down next to Jesse somewhere in the middle of the sermon, after doing nursery duty, on the back pew of a church full of believers and instantly knew something was wrong. I can't explain it but somehow Jess understood it too. We got up, picked up our son and drove 1.5 hours to the beach. We drank espressos, walked along the board walk and swung on a swing set with our son. It felt like a we had pushed pause and it was perfect.

Jess and I have both felt like for the last six months or so we've been waiting. We're not sure what we're waiting for but in the meantime we're doing the best we can. I am not advocating the beach over church but I am in love with a man who knew today was a day to go to the beach.

While I ponder these things I'll leave you with some pictures from a hike we took on Saturday. It was lovely and I'll post a trail review tomorrow with a couple more pictures. I hope everyone had a great Sunday.

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2010 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

You are so brave to do nursery duty! I am still terrified of that one. :) I'm glad that you had a day at the beach, glad that you telepathic communication with jess was clear, and that the day cleansed the soul. Hope you find many more of those. Love you guys.

 
At January 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hello?? Are you sick?? What is going on over there??? It has been like... 3 days since you posted last! What is the hold up? You have a readership to please and I am not pleased with this pause in reading material. I expect three postings in the next 24 hours or.... sigh, I may cry. Missing you and your wit and words. Write soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home