THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm Back

Our internet/cable line fell down again. We waited a week and the lineman came today. I am so thankful to have contact with the outside world again.

Jess was out of town this weekend. I can never sleep when he is traveling and by the time he arrived home late Sunday night I was conked out in bed. The next day before he left for work he kissed me and said, "The kid is changed and fed, the dishes are done and the coffee has has been made." I felt instantly happy and thanked him for his efforts. He smiled and said, "I'm back."

A few months ago Jess started making coffee for me before he left for work. It is one of the things I love most about my husband. He is deeply considerate. As I groggily wake up I love stumbling into the kitchen and finding fresh coffee. It feels like Jess' signature written on the counter. I love this reminder that as Jess hurried to get ready for work he took a few minutes and did something special for me. It is the perfect way to start my day. When Jess said, "I'm back," I knew exactly what he meant. Everything was alright. My partner was there and he was on my team.

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2010 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Praise be to God! I love your post today as it is a reflection of how Jesus asks us to love each other. It is the little things we do in addition to the covenant that we made that produces that relationship that makes each day a little easier, a little brighter. Continue on loving each other for in doing so you are not only obeying and encouraging, but also bringing glory to our Heavenly Father. Enjoy your coffee and your man!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home