THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Fire

We don't own a toaster. I actually really dislike toasters because they take up counter space. Counter space is near priceless in my book. Jess really wants a toaster but I continue to refuse and insist we can just use the broiler on our oven.

Today I was in a very grumpy mood. Jess is going to be gone all weekend and I figure the most mature thing to do is to pout about it. I was sulking around my kitchen making breakfast and writing a quick letter to my sister. All of a sudden I smelled something funny. I remembered my toast in the broiler. I opened the broiler and there were flames all over my toast. I tamped them out, grabbed a spatula and threw the charred, smoking toast out the back door into the snow.

It was exciting. It got my adrenaline pumping. It was funny. I didn't feel like sulking any more. This incident helped to prove my point. If we had a toaster I would still be grumpy. Instead we have burned toast in our back yard.

2 Comments:

At January 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hmmm... I've had three fires. Does that make me the winner? Banana bread, french fries, and a paper bag. Gotta love me in the kitchen...

 
At January 12, 2010 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hilarious! I'm so glad I'm not the only one prone to flames.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home