THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Earth

A couple of weeks ago we signed up for Netflix. There wasn't anything good on TV anyways and they offered a couple of months for free. Since I have more time I generally manage our que. Jess should have known better. First of all I am way too hyper to watch a whole movie. I typically read a book at the same time. Secondly, I have really dorky taste in movies.

When we first got Netflix things went pretty well. We watched the whole Madmen series and then started a series called Geeks and Freaks. Then everything took a wrong turn. I couldn't think of any movies I wanted to see so I started browsing the documentary section.

Jess came home on a Friday and asked what movie we were going to watch. I'm sure he was anticipating a comedy but we had just received the movie Earth and I was itching to see it. Jess loves nature too so he didn't mind too much. It turns out that Earth is the most depressing movie on Earth. Every cute thing in the movie gets eaten! In a post movie daze Jess asked what other movie we had. I think he was hoping to lighten the mood a bit. "Born in the Brothels," I replied. He rolled his eyes and went to bed. Born in the Brothels is a documentary about children born in the brothels of India. It might be the only movie more depressing than Earth.

3 Comments:

At October 22, 2009 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Preston and I enjoy Earth especially in HD, the scenes and detail are just amazing! P has the whole series on his Christmas list. I agree it can be sad watching animals die, but hey, it's the circle of life, right?

 
At October 22, 2009 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Are you talking about the Planet Earth DVD series? We loved it! I never noticed anything getting eaten... hmmm :)

 
At October 22, 2009 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Sara, we actually got the movie because I remember you saying you loved it. Now as I look at both your comments it looks like I need the Planet Earth DVD series not Earth the movie. I'll re-do my Netflix que and let you know how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home