THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Feeling Addicted

This weekend we went to pick pumpkins and of course I made us homemade cookies for the ride. Little did I know this would completely sabotage my diet and now I have a deep craving for sugar. Last night I even made homemade cocoa because the craving was so strong.

Cold weather is quickly coming to D.C. All week we are anticipating high temperatures in the low 50's and rainy weather. When it gets cool outside I feel the urge to cook. I cold salad doesn't sound appetizing. Instead I want warm baked goods and yummy stews.

Here's a recipe for a quick, spicy and delicious stew that I grew up on. Eat it with a warm tortilla and you'll be hooked.

Posole Stew

2 Cans Rotel Tomatoes
2 Cans Water
1 lbs Ground Pork
1 Can Posole (Hominy)
1/2 chopped onion
1 clove chopped garlic
1T Seasoning salt
2t Cumin
1t ground pepper
Handful of chopped cilantro

Brown pork with chopped onion and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Add posole, water, tomatoes and cilantro. Let simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Ladle into bowls. (I typically cook without measuring, so if the seasoning measurement doesn't seem quite right use your good judgement.)

P.S If you have a great fall recipe I would love to borrow it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home