THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Double the Fun

About a month ago our friend Anthony gave us a deluxe double jogging stroller. His kids had out grown it and he wanted a fellow runner to enjoy it next. Jess was out of town so he couldn't protest but when he got home he gave me "the look." I knew what the look meant. Without words I could tell he was thinking "Why do we need yet another gigantic stroller cluttering up our back porch?" "Especially since we only have one kid." I ignored the look because I love getting free stuff and this is a really nice stroller.

A few weeks ago my other mom friend fell down the stairs and broke her foot. Her husband is a lawyer and since I have special exposure to lawyers I am very sympathetic to their long suffering wives. I had an epiphany. JAC gets bored on long runs and my friend really needed a break. I whipped out that double jogger, strapped JAC in and stopped by to pick up his little friend Blake.

Blake's mom was extremely thankful for the break and JAC enjoyed having a buddy along for the ride. It made the whole run more entertaining because I got to watch the two babies try to figure things out. They would each take turns leaning forward so they could see each other and then squawking baby noises at each other. JAC spent the last half of the run holding Blake's foot. It all worked out so well that we now take Blake with us on the run twice a week. I'm pretty sure its the highlight of JAC's morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home