THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Departure of a Good Friend

Sorry for the melodrama. My friend Sara is not dead but instead moving to Oklahoma City. It will be a good move for their little family but I will really miss her. Sara is a person who is especially gifted at being a friend. I feel like I could go on for hours about how much joy she brought to my life but I'll just end with a quick example.

Tuesday was the last day we could hang out together so we decided to celebrate with Chick-fil-A breakfast. Of course due to my lack of organization we arrived half an hour too late and instead ate Chick-fil-A lunch at 10:30 in the morning. JAC's maximum time to sit still is about 20 seconds so we woofed down our chow and did some window shopping. JAC protested loudly. Boy's don't shop! Or, perhaps he just need a nap. We loaded up and headed home. Mid drive we realized that JAC was out cold. Sara has spent enough time with us to know that if you wake JAC up mid-nap he isn't going back to sleep but will instead irritate the heck out of you with his crankiness. She suggested we keep driving and we quickly brainstormed where to go. A plan developed. We got off at the next exit and headed the opposite direction towards Sonic. What the casual blog reader might not realize is that the nearest Sonic is an hour away down highway 95. (I personally believe that 95 should be relabeled the highway of congestion hell.) Sara and I had both discussed our love of Sonic and deep longing for a cherry limeade. Even though she was moving back to the land of Sonic she was excited about the trip.

It was a blast. I drove too fast and got to use the HOV lane. (A baby counts as a third passenger, right?) JAC slept. With a cheery limeade in hand, my good friend next to me and my baby asleep in the back I was pretty sure that I was in heaven. Is it possible that when God made manna in the Bible he was referring to chili cheese tator tots.

Sara, you've been an awesome friend. I'm going to miss you girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home