THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hartford CT, Vol 2

This week I'm pretending I'm a travel writer and updating you about our vacation. JAC and I are determined to make the most of our Hartford trip and the city has yet to disappoint us. Yesterday we went to the CT Science Center. It was five floors of interactive science learning and I was impressed. The center was geared toward kids but I had fun and learned a few things too. I've been thinking lately about science and math education. When I recall my exposure to those subjects I remember a general sense of malaise by teachers and students alike. I've rediscovered science as an adult and find it fascinating. I feel like it is the gateway to the answers about how things work around you and that is exciting. The science center used sports, speed, music, and gardening to help kids think. It cost us 20 dollars but I was still impressed.

We finished our afternoon by touring the state capital. The CT capital is gorgeous. A true work of art. I'm from the west and one of the things I love about the east coast is the history. CT is the home of Nathaniel Hale. One of the first great American spies who spoke the words, "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country." Awesome!

Today we are off to see the home of Mark Twain and see a butterfly farm. I'll post a review tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home