THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Hartford CT Volume 1

JAC, Jess and I are in Hartford, CT for the week and we're having a great time. I had planned to take a break from blogging since we're on vacation but JAC is sleeping and Jess is at work and I'm bored in a very small hotel room. I thought I'd give an update on our trip so far.

It took us about eight hours to get here so we decided to split the trip into two parts. We stopped north of Philadelphia for the night and JAC got to meet Jess' uncles for the first time. I could tell Jess loved showing JAC off and JAC lived up to his wild reputation by climbing on the bar table when I wasn't paying attention.

About half way through our trip to Philadelphia we looked at JAC and realized that his car seat was too small. I couldn't believe it. This might also explain why JAC hated that seat so much. Before leaving Philadelphia we stopped at Walmart to buy a "big kid seat" and installed it in the parking lot. I think JAC was pleased. We also had to buy new pajamas. Our sneaky guy has outgrown all of his nine month clothes and has pushed on to 12 month clothes. This of course caught me by surprise.

Yesterday, we decided to go to Sunday church. We found a Church of Christ online and started walking in that direction. We ended up walking about two miles into the Hartford ghetto. Who would have guessed our vacation would provide an opportunity to show JAC hookers and crack heads? It was worth the walk because the tiny church was really glad we came and very welcoming. The service also featured multiple testimonials that included a lady admonishing the church to put money in the food bank jar because lack of funds had prevented her from opening the doors last week. We also heard stories of people struggling with their work hours being cut in half. It reminded us how blessed we are but also had us puzzling if our church is truly addressing the needs of the less fortunate. This marked another occasion when I felt like God was working on my heart. Jess and I have felt for a while that God had a change in store for us. We're just not sure what yet.

Yesterday Jess was sick so JAC and I took off to see Hartford together. We found a great running trail and we got to see dragon boat races. We also found they CT Science Center and when JAC wakes up we're off to check it out. Even though I'm anxious to get out of this hotel room I can't help but be thankful my kid is napping. Its awesome when that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home