THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hartford, CT Vol 3

Yesterday I was in a real funk. I can't explain it but I was very grouchy and considered staying in the room and moping all day. I changed my mind when I thought about corralling JAC in our little room so when he woke up from his nap we took the short walk to the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art. My expectations were low but I was in for a great surprise. The collection included a whole room of Hudson River School paintings. These are some of my favorite because they showcase nature in all its grandeur. JAC loved this part of the museum but his enthusiasm for art was short lived so we rushed through the next two floors of art. I was secretly afraid we might get kicked out of this museum too. The museum's collection included works by Copeland, Trumball, Picasso, Van Gogh, Beirstadt, Monet, Manet and many others. I felt like every time I turned a corner there was another great painting that I recognized. This was by far the highlight of the trip for me. I'm secretly hoping that Jess can watch the baby so I can go back again before we leave and really enjoy it.

We finished the evening off with a run on the trail by the river. It was beautiful and fun to watch the rowing teams practicing. Now I'm doing laundry so we'll be ready for our next adventure. Tomorrow, we're heading to Mystic Seaport for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home