THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Reminder

I made a rhubarb pie last night. I think pie and coffee are officially the best breakfast on earth. Delicious! After breakfast we stopped by to see my friend who is in the middle of chemotherapy. They are getting ready to move to Texas and needed a bit of help moving things from the attic. This was my first time being really close to someone in the middle of chemo treatments and I guess I didn't really know how horrible it is. She has already been through a massive surgery to remove the cancer but now has a year of chemo ahead of her. She is miserable. She is exhausted. Nothing tastes good and every bite she does eat makes her sick. She is a very sweet lady and I cried with her. It was a good reminder that there are so many people hurting.

1 Comments:

At August 9, 2009 at 5:44 AM , Blogger Sara said...

This is sad and thanks for the reminder to pray for this sweet family. So glad ya'll were able to help out. Let me know if you can think of other things we can do for them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home