THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Power of My Posse

When I went to boot camp I always found it infuriating that when one person did something stupid we all got punished together. In hindsight I realize that the Drill sergeants united us together as a team both in our hatred of the Drill Sergeants and our deep desire to prevent punishment. Eventually we grew so close that we really just cared about each other for the sake of caring. Today I was once again reminded of how great it is to have a Posse. JAC and I went to church small group tonight and as usual the moment I stepped in the door I had willing volunteers to hold JAC. This works out great for us because lately Jess has needed a couple of hours to himself on the weekend so he doesn't go to small group. I don't feel like I'm stuck with the parenting duties because I have lots of great help when I get there. I also love the way my small group knows about my less desirable traits and still chooses to love me. Every week we do prayer requests and try to ask each other for updates on previous requests. My groups has prayed for my work debacles, Jess' safety while he was in Iraq and for strength for our little family while we get the hang of parenting. Its almost like having a second family.

I also belong to a couple of other groups that save my sanity. I hang out with another mom in my neighborhood and we've both had days when we were so sleep deprived we could hardly talk. Once a week I also meet with my running group. They keep me engaged in conversation while we trot along and help remind me that I'm more than a mom. I always find it amazing that on my own I can do 13 miles but with help from the group I can do many more. The power of a group is strong especially when it consists of people who really love you and care for you. They can inspire you to be more than you knew you could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home