THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Half Way There




This weekend JAC turned six months old and I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me is simply utterly exhausted. Babies are a lot of work and JAC has helped me gain a whole new appreciation for my parents who had four kids in five years. Part of me is very proud. I'm proud that we've survived half a year and have a healthy, happy kid. Finally, part of me is surprised it has gone by so fast. I think this has been the fasted half year of my life.




Jess and I celebrated JAC's birthday by going out on a date. It was the first time we had gone out for dinner since February and we are very thankful to our great friends Jayna and Matt for babysitting. It was so awesome to have a really good dinner without one of us trying to wrangle JAC while we ate.




On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day by going to a baseball game after Church. It was Jess' first time at the Nationals' stadium and he was really excited. The stadium is brand new and we got great seats. I almost felt like we could touch the grass in left field. I don't think I watched any of the game but I could tell Jess was really enjoying it. At the bottom of the seventh inning JAC fell asleep in Jess' lap. As Jess carried JAC out of the stadium people keept stopping to wish Jess a happy Father's Day. It was a special a very special memory.




In closing, Jess is a really good dad and I hope he had a great day because he deserves it. I would also like to say a special thanks to my Dad who always worked hard and was always a great dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home