THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Girly Stuff


Today I was driving around town feeling particularly lonely. The never ending rain was only adding to my glum mood. Since the pregnancy I have not been able to do anything with my hair and this is partially due to the rain. Usually I curl my hair with hot rollers. I have never been able to work a curling iron but when it rains my frizzy hair won't hold the curl. Pre-pregnancy I would just add gel to my hair when it was humid and the natural curl would come out. Unfortunately now my hair just hangs limply in the swampy weather.

I had reached my breaking point today. I was lonely, it was raining and my hair looked horrible. After a pep talk from my mom I decided to take action. I drove to the rich neighborhood (I can't find a hairdresser in my neighborhood), found a hairdresser and asked if they would take a walk in. They said "yes," and I prayed JAC would be extra good.

Usually I hate going to the hairdresser because I never know what to talk about and they chide me for cutting my own hair but today was different. A sweet older Belgium lady cut my hair and when I told her I usually cut it myself she did not flinch. Instead she said, "Hair grows back." It was a good experience and the nail tech even held JAC for me while I was getting my hair cut. I now have a new short hair do with layers. It's not perfect but I think it is spunky and will grow out nicely. It felt good to do something out of the norm. What is next for me? Perhaps I'll try getting my nails done.

2 Comments:

At June 17, 2009 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Fun. I'm sure you do a great job cutting your own hair, but you are missing out on the pampering of having someone else do it for you! I'm glad you like it! I am dire need of a cut myself.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Jayspee27 said...

I can't wait to see your hairscut! :) Just a few more days and we can hang out!!! YAY!! Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home