THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Can a Baby be Spoiled?

All of a sudden JAC has gotten very opinionated and it is frankly exhausting. I just put him down in his crib so I could get a short break. For the last week JAC has started getting absolutely furious if he does not get his way immediately. He screams, turns red and kicks and throws his arms around. It turns out JAC has a lot of strong opinions about a lot of things. Today's tantrums include the following:

1. JAC is mad that when I didn't continue to help him stand up and instead tried to get him to sit down.
2. JAC is mad that he can't have my cell phone.
3. JAC is mad because he can't have the TV remote.
4. JAC is mad because I fed him peas.
5. JAC is mad because we can't continue to sit outside.
6. JAC is mad that I'm trying to hold him and instead wants to wallow all over me.
6. JAC is mad because I put him down.
7. JAC is mad because he didn't get his bottle fast enough.
8. JAC is mad because he had to ride in his car seat.
9. JAC is mad because he doesn't want his bottle but wants solid food instead.
10. JAC is mad because he has to take a nap.

What happened to my happy baby? This has gotten really out of control and I am really tired of it. I hope this is not foreshadowing of things to come.

4 Comments:

At June 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Jake went through like a week of driving me crazy a short while ago. He just seemed bored and dissatisfied. The only advice I have (which also came from our pediatrician) is to ignore bad behavior. They usually find something else to do or another way to get your attention. Hang in there. When he realizes he won't get whatever he wants he'll become more independent. Good luck. (Um, well, I don't want to say that the advice I just gave fixes everything, but it helps. Jake does still have his moments, but they've gotten better.)

 
At June 23, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Quinn said...

I was thinking about helpful advice, and for Sweet Pea, an enema always seemed to work quite well...

 
At June 24, 2009 at 4:50 AM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hahah, Quinn you are bad. I'm going to tell JAC you said this and he'll never want to come visit you again.

 
At June 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Let's just say: welcome to raising a man. hahaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home