THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, April 24, 2009

A JAC Attack Adventure

The weather here is finally beautiful and I decided it was time for JAC, Roxy and I to get out of the house. Before I left for Texas I bought a backpack to put JAC in. I tried it out but he seemed too little to hold himself steady. While I was in the DFW airport I met a cool family with the exact same backpack and their son who was a couple months older than JAC loved riding in. Since JAC has gotten so much bigger I decided it was time for a second try on the backpack. I loaded him up, leashed Roxy and we were off for a trek around our neighborhood. JAC seemed pretty content and we strolled around the block, saw a couple of cool firetrucks and kept walking. I noticed the backpack seemed a little crooked and looked back. JAC was happily hanging off to one side admiring the view. As we walked further I heard a funny sound. JAC spit up off the side of the backpack and I narrowly missed getting baby puke on my back side. I secretly wondered if this wasn't JAC's method of protest. I reached back to give JAC a little pat and he immediately started leaning over and sucking on my arm. Next we made a quick stop by the house and I adjusted the pack so JAC would sit up higher. I thought perhaps a better view would entice JAC to sit up straight rather than leaning off towards one side. No Luck. Half way through the next block I heard and noise, looked back and saw JAC leaning over to one side chewing away on the edge of the backpack. This continued for a couple blocks and then things seemed to get quiet. Roxy and I kept on walking for about half a mile. The sun was great. Everything was in bloom and we even saw a baby bunny in a neighbor's yard. I decided to make one more quick stop at home to adjust the backpack. I walked in the front door and looked in the mirror. JAC was leaning off to one side snoring away. He was out cold! Apparently riding in a backpack is exhausting. I unloaded him and put him in his crib for a nap. This day is too pretty to miss so when he wakes up I think we'll go for a jog but this time we'll use the stroller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home