THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Parenting Failure

As part of my resolution to get out and do cool things with JAC and instead of sitting at home I decided we should go to the Cherry Blossom Parade. Jess and I both love parades and I thought JAC would too. I woke up and hurried around the house packing us up. We loaded up, drove to the mall, parked and jumped on the metro. This was JAC's first metro ride and I found that I have a lot to learn. JAC was in the stroller so we had to take the elevators and as it turns out metro elevators are very small and hidden away in strange dark corners of the metro stations. Do to the Cherry Blossom festivities the metro was an insane crush of people. There was actually a long waiting line to use every elevator. I also found you can only take a stroller through certain metro toll lines and there was a long line for each of those as well. I had also forgotten that the metro is very jerky and I spent most of the ride feeling motion sick and an old lady had to remind me that our stroller had a break because it almost rolled down the metro car.
When we finally made it to the National Mall I was exhausted and we were greeted by West Texas style gail wind. It was very cold. I was chilly in my light sweatshirt but poor JAC was only in a t-shirt body suit. This morning I had put him in his special cowboy t-shirt body suit because I thought it was festive. I through a couple blankets in too but they were no match for the cold wind and within minutes JAC was shivering. I was proud of him because he never cried but I could tell he was miserable. After a quick stroll around the block I felt horribly guilty and put us back on the metro to go home. I felt like a horrible parent and now we're both home and I have a huge headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home