THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Out with the Old in with the In-Between

We are living some hybrid form of life.  We have moved out of our house and are stationed at a hotel while we wait on our flight.  Jess spends most days absorbed in meetings discussing funding and construction projects while JAC and I tie up loose ends.  In less than a week we will board a play to a distant land and if you are the praying type I covet your prayers.  I am not afraid of the unknown of a new land.  I fear the known frustration of traveling 48 hours with a dog, kid and husband who all find it impossible to stay still.

JAC has taken the move harder than I anticipated.  Jess took him to the park while the movers packed up and when he returned the house was empty.  JAC looked around and immediately cried, "Where's my t.v!"  Now he begs me daily, "I want to go home!" 

Our hotel is very nice and just up the hill from the Iwo Jima Memorial.  It is the perfect location for long walks in the city I love so much.  It also has free transportation to the metro which will come in handy because we are selling both of our vehicles this week.  It feels remarkable that you can dispose of one life almost completely and trade in for something new.

In preparation for our move the whole family is sporting new haircuts.  The dog is groomed.  Both of my guys are handsomely sheared and I cut four inches off of my hair.  I really love it.  I haven't cut my hair this short since junior high.  A new life sometimes requires a new look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home