THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Update on Nothing

I'm sitting here disgustingly sweaty after an ultimately satisfying run.  It seems like running holds the link between my sanity and something else.  Our air conditioner is broken again and the house feels balmy.  Jess and I have taken turns bouncing each other around on an air mattress in our basement while we toss in our sleep.  The basement is the only room in the house even remotely cool.  Without the basement I can only think of one other way to enjoy our living space.  I'm making ice cream.  I don't think we can live without it.

We sold our kayaks to the perfect family and for a good price.  The price was less important.  I just needed to know they were going to someone who would experience the wonder of the water.  The family had two kids ages nine and ten.  The kids each tested the kayaks and the parents excitedly promised the kayaks would be wet that very day.

I have to get a root canal on Friday.  I can't believe.  I'm too young to have a root canal.  I'm too young to have a toddler.  I'm too young to be married but I'm definitely not too young to move to Kathmandu.  We're on our way soon and I can't wait to see our packers.  Actually I can't wait to stay in a nice hotel for a week while we wait for our flight.  I'm going to the pool every day.  I'm not cooking.  I'm not cleaning.

Finally, we had an earthquake.  I'm sure you heard about it on the news.  It was absolutely marvelous.  I was standing in my front yard and heard a deep low rumble.  The fence started moving and the earth rolled.  I ran for the basement and hauled JAC outside.  He was terrified but in a few short hours JAC and his dad slept contentedly curled together through an aftershock. 

The Bible says, "The very earth groans in protest..."  I heard the earth groan.  The earth expelled some subtle power and a suiting reminder that even so close to the World's most powerful capital, God is still in control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home