THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Perfect Timing

I just sat down with a hot bowl of soup and some warm garlic toast.  I am mentally begging my son to nap.  I want an hour of quiet while I try to prevent the chaos of our house from migrating to my brain.  We have less than 30 days until our move and every element of our life seems to be in movement.  Our "To - Do" list has 35 items left and every time I turn around a new item has been added.

The moving company came last night and conducted our pre-move survey.  They estimated the total weight of our belongings and provided instructions for moving day.  We are still culling down our belongings in preparation for our relocation.  I am growing addicted to Craig's List and finding new things to sell every day.  There is a part of me that wants to sell it all.  There is something so appealing about walking away, nothing in hand and just stepping off into the unknown unhindered.

JAC and I finally had a half-good run today.  All year I have been plagued by horrible fatigue.  I called my dad - he's a college track coach - and discussed the problem.  We both came to the same conclusion.  JAC is finally getting too heavy.  He weighs almost 40 pounds and pushing that much weight five miles, over rolling hills leaves me totally exhausted.  We will be selling our running stroller before we leave.  It is not a practical choice for Nepal and it suddenly seems like perfect timing. 

Over the weekend our cable box completely quit working.  I called and canceled our service yesterday.  We won't have cable in our new home so it is a good time to adjust.  Like so many things lately, it seems like perfect timing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home