THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

All Good Things

"All good things must come to an end."  Don't you wish the saying was, "All bad things come to an end?"  My family came for a visit this weekend.  Now they are gone and the house is a bit more lonely.  There is nothing quite like the hole in your heart after your mom steps on a plane for a very long trip.

We had a great time together.  I ate too much.  I'll never understand how the presence of people sharing my DNA inspires me to stuff my face.  We also celebrated my sister Lady graduating from University.  I am so of her.  She overcame so many obstacles that would have caused a weaker person to quit.

I took my family to our favorite kayaking spot.  We kayaked through the rain and watched Bald Eagles.  Sadly, this will be our last kayaking adventure.  We are selling the kayaks because they are too big to ship to Kathmandu.  The kayaks might be my favorite worldly possession and it feels gut wrenching to let them go.  I try to remind myself that it is just, "A Thing."  Nevertheless, I hope someone wonderful gets to enjoy them.  I hope some other little boy sits in our kayaks pointing at turtles and snakes - begging to use the paddle. 

Today has been a hard day for a billion reasons but anytime you leave a place you love there are hard days.  I hope your day has been great and if you're in the market for a kayak let me know.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home