THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Economics

A few weeks ago we hit a wall in potty training.  Every attempt to get JAC to sit on the potty was an instant battle.  Things were going so badly that I was having nightmares about potty training.  We were offering JAC lots of encouragement and Skittles as a reward.  For weeks JAC received Skittles and for weeks he remained unmotivated.

Finally, one night I went to a friends house and consoled myself with a huge bag of Reece's Pieces.  I talked things over with my friend and returned home with the remnants of my half eaten bag of candy.  The following day JAC used his potty after a colossal protest.  Exhausted and grabbed two Reece's Pieces out of the bag to reward him.  JAC threw the candy in his mouth and it worked like magic.  He started using his potty on command.

All I can guess is that after months of Skittles he was sick of them.  I changed up our routine a tiny bit and a near miracle happened.  That my friends, is a real life example of The Law of Diminishing Returns.  Or possibly an example that everyone has a price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home