THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Unscheuled

This week I completely cleared my schedule for potty training "Boot Camp."  I realized I didn't want to ship 1,000 pounds of diapers to Nepal, so JAC needed to be potty trained.  I'm devoting my full attention to the cause.  I have been dreading this week because we get out of the house often.  We have friends to see and new places to explore.  I hated the idea of being housebound.

Surprisingly we have had a wonderful two days and a good bit of potty training success. Here's a list of some of our fun housebound activities.

1. Made homemade play dough and played for hours.  I tried to convince JAC to eat a bite but he would not be fooled.
2. Filled every window ledge with bird food and enthusiastically watched all sorts of birds.
3. Chased bubbles in the yard and beat them with our baseball bat.
4. Hit baseballs for the dog to chase.
5. Went on short nature walks around the block collecting favorite items in a basket.
6. Raced toy trains across the hardwood floors
7. Jumped off of every piece of furniture.

I'm about to check out my toddler activity book for more ideas.  Do you have any great suggestions?  I think tomorrow we'll plant seeds in the flower beds.  We will likely not live here when they blossom but JAC loves a good excuse to dig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home