THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dog House

I am half vaccinated for typhoid and a third vaccinated for rabies.  In a few weeks my vaccinations will be complete.  I will be protected from tetanus and Chinese Encephalitis.  As the kind nurse discussed vaccinations for JAC and myself she let me read a list of warnings of recommendations.  The consistent theme was, "If you plan to spend lots of time outside in Nepal you will need this vaccine."  I didn't hesitate.  I knew we needed them all.  We're an outdoorsy bunch.

Upon query I learned that we will need boosters of each vaccine for every new post.  I find it interesting that JAC will grow up with an ordered reality.  He will know that we are moving again and there will be a day the movers come.  There will be a day the dog is shipped in her box and there will be a day we receive shots.

With vaccinations largely behind us, we confront our next challenge.  We are trying to crate train our dog.  She will spend a long three days in her crate as she travels to Kathmandu and currently she is terrified it.  We have attempted to entice her with treats, bits of steak and a new toy but she remains unconvinced.  Today JAC tried to help too.  First he crate trained his toy dog and next he gave the crate a try himself.  I'm not sure if it changed Roxy's mind.  I'm pretty sure she thinks JAC will be riding to Kathmandu in the box and there's a part of me that loves this idea!





1 Comments:

At July 21, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Anonymous Jill H said...

Maybe she's just claustrophobic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home