THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Consumed

I'm being consumed by consumables.  The wheels are slowly turning as our moving date grows closer.  It seems unreal that is less than two months we'll be living in Nepal!  We are so excited!  Our employer is paying to ship 2,500 pounds of consumable goods to Nepal.  This means that we can purchase a bunch of household goods that might be hard to find in Nepal and they will pay for the shipping.  These goods typically include cleaning products, paper products and non perishable food items.  I went shopping today for the first half of our list.  I filled my cart with olive oil, Pinesol, Gold Fish Crackers, toilet paper and Pepto Bismol.

In other unimportant news, we had a lovely run today.  The weather is perfect.  I'm about to go outside to read my book in the sun.  After our run we were playing near the river.  The river was very high from recent rains and JAC took his shoe off and threw it down the river.  I was instantly furious because we are always short a pair of shoes.  Well, some local maitenance workers saved the day.  They were removing debris with shovels and when they saw our distress they took mercy on us.  They used a shovel to retrieve the shoe and I was very happy.

How is your weather today?  What products from the U.S would your rather not live without? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home