THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hot and Getting Hotter

Today the radio announced that D.C was rated one of the hottest cities in the South sharing the title with border towns like Laredo, TX.  I think this might be a bit exaggerated.  After living several years in TX, DC often feels like a cool paradise.  Today the city is living up to its title.  It is HOT with an extra dose of swampy.

I once read a great book on contentment.  While I loved 98% of the book there was a section I completely disagreed with.  The book suggested not dreaming of being some place different but instead fully embracing the present reality.  Personally, dreaming of a cool mountain destination has made several rough days a bit more enjoyable.  I consider it a mental vacation of sorts.  I've spent all week thinking about backpacking through the Rockies collecting summits, sleeping in a tent and forgoing daily showers.  It sounds perfect.  It also sounds perfectly quiet.  I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to the chaotic din of child generated noise.

Since I won't be visiting Colorado any time soon I'll eat a cool fudge-cicle instead.  They're a perfect low calorie chocolaty solution to a hot day.  Or maybe I'll think about Kathmandu.  It's only 80 degrees there today.  Are you taking a mental vacation today?  What is your destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home