THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cooked

I had the first in a series of dental appointments today.  As I looked to line up babysitters for JAC I marveled at how long the list of candidates was.  I can remember points in my life when I struggled to name off a single girl friend.  Here in D.C I have been surrounded by great women.

It is too hot to cook and I am making chicken salad for dinner.  My husband is giving me the best gift of all.  It is the gift of silence.  I love that man.  He is so willing to help and so easily understands my need for a quiet house.  He and JAC are doing yard work.  When I went to snap a quick photo JAC demanded that I go back inside.  He is bonding with his dad and I am not invited.  A few moments ago they burst into the kitchen and JAC was carrying a weather worn flower.  Every time they do yard work they bring me a flower snipped from the yard.

Today I was rushing around like a headless chicken.  I threw a load of wash in the drier and wondered what the loud thud was about.  I washed a pair of JAC's shoes.  They were Crocs and are now two sizes too small.  I had to laugh a bit. 


The mystery of the lost wallet has a new chapter.  Today my license and all of my cards were returned in the mail.  They arrived in an unmarked envelope without a return address.  My 40$ and wallet were missing but all of the cards were returned and I'm just thankful not to have to sit at the DMV with JAC again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home