THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The View From Here: A Story Told in Pictures

On Memorial Day we went running at one of our favorite spots.  It is a four mile loop around a lake.

It was a really hot and sweaty run, but a lot of fun.  Here we are post-run extra gross and sweaty.

JAC played at the park after the run.  It was so hot that it he really didn't want to play long.

This is my nasty sprained ankle.  I sprained it on the aforementioned run.  After cursing a bit I laced up my shoes tighter and kept running.  The next day my ankle looked like this and Jess demanded we go to the hospital for x-rays.

I refused to go because hospitals are for sissies.  We compromised and I promised to spend the day with my ankle elevated on ice.  This is a picture of Roxy flopped on my lap while I ice my ankle and read Backpacker Magazine.
The moral of the story is that it is nice to have a cute husband to run with.  Marriage is a series of weird compromises and weirder conversations.  (For instance, yesterday Jess and I discussed how many times I have likely broken my ankle in our marriage.  Jess said four, and I insisted no, they were all bad sprains.)  Nevertheless its nice to have someone around who insists you put your feet up and chill out every once in a while.

Also, reading Backpacker Magazine makes you feel cooler than you really are.  You should try it sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home