THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Pocket Walk

JAC grows more interesting and full of personality every day.  He is a person of action.  This week he has become very interested in cooking.  If he sees me cooking he doesn't wait to be invited.  He drags his chair over to the counter and begs to help.  Today JAC intently stirred the pancake batter and dumped in measured ingredients.  I find it remarkable how much he loves to help.  I am always at my happiest when I am useful or needed and every day I find a new reason to believe JAC is a small version of me.  I've never been one to fight a fight upfront but instead prefer secret subversion.  JAC shares my passive aggressive leanings. 

Dawdling toddlers drive me crazy and I find myself frequently shouting, "Move with a purpose!"  My patience wears thin quickly.  To speed things up I have JAC hold my hand while we walk.  Lately he has been less enthusiast hand holding.  I try to force the subject and he looks at me and says, "Pocket Walk!"  He shoves both hand deep into his pockets and hangs his head staring at the dirt.  He moves at a snail's pace and his pants sag a bit.  He reminds me of a sullen teenager and the dawdling soon transitions to a near crawl.  This inefficient walk is cute to onlookers but infuriating to me.  Most importantly, it effectively ends all hand holding in a completely passive aggressive way.  I have been beaten at my own game!  Is anyone else feeling a bit passive aggressive today?  I think I might go work on my plans to start a coup in a small country. 

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2011 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

He is just a clever - and cute! - little guy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home