THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Adventure

I just flipped through pictures from this week and I couldn't help but smile because I have had an unusually great week.  Winter seems to have finally ended and JAC and I have experienced a week full of adventure.

Today, after a three week hiatus Becca and I resumed our Friday Adventure!  I was so happy to see her!  She feels like my better half and three weeks apart was just too long.  Becca just found out that she's moving to Portland and while I know that it is a great move for her family my heart can hardly stand the thought of missing her.

Usually JAC and I visit the Maryland side of Great Falls.  As we stand on the overlook we wave at the people admiring the water from across the river in Virginia.  I didn't want to leave the D.C area without trying out both sides and today Becca joined us to check it out. 

I love the Maryland side of the falls but I think the Virginia side might be my new favorite.  It felt tranquil and peaceful like a nice park but also featured amazing views of the rushing water.  We did a little hiking, lots of laughing and finished off with a lovely picnic.

JAC seemed to have a great time too.  He looked for bugs, climbed on rocks, enjoyed the visitor center and made fun of us a  lot.  I am beginning to realize JAC has a very goofy sense of humor - often mimicking our laughs and movements.  If you catch him in the act he'll look at you, grin, raise his eyebrows and giggle.  It cracks me up.  He is a cool little guy and we have had a great week.




1 Comments:

At May 18, 2011 at 5:30 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hooray for great weeks! Thanks for sharing your adventures. And, I agree: your little guy is super cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home