THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Staycation

Gas prices are high and only expected to rise.  Today I saw a gas station advertising unleaded for five dollars a gallon.  I let out a groan and for a quick minute wondered if I was living in Europe. 

As Memorial Day approaches the word "staycation" is being muttered once again.  I like to think of my life as a daily staycation and consider myself a staycation expert.  This morning I woke up and knew one thing.  Today was a zoo day.  The weather could not be more perfect and I was in the mood for some impromptu wild animal viewing. (Outside of my daily interactions with a small wild animal of my own.)

D.C has one of the prettiest zoos I have ever visited.  It feels a bit like a park and early in the morning joggers will run through the zoo walkways.  JAC loved the zoo but I knew he would.  He loves all animals from squirrels to tigers.

Are you a staycation expert?  If I took a giant road trip and came to your town what staycation attractions would be a must see?



1 Comments:

At May 18, 2011 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

The zoo, my own backyard, the Jump Around (our boys would have a BLAST), fishing at the lake, and our new frozen yogurt place. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home