THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And I Couldn't Breathe

This blog documents my thoughts but also serves as a written history for my son.  I want to write pages and pages about our trip to Miami but first I want to document yesterday's events. 

When we were discussing a name for JAC a felt an overwhelming presence of evil in the world.  We named him Jonathan Alec Connelly.  His name means, "God has sent us a protector of men."  I picked the name because I felt the world needed a few more heroes.  I wanted JAC to have something to live up to.

Osama Bin Laden is dead and there is less evil in the world today.  I am immensely proud to be an American. I am equally thankful for the military and government civilians who spent countless hours hunting down and destroying this evil man.

When Jess called me early in the morning with the news I felt like I couldn't breathe.  I couldn't believe it.  Later in the day while I watched the President's speech I cried.  Some days I feel like Afghanistan has swallowed up the lives of so many people I love.  This is an immense victory for those people and hopefully a small justice for the victims of the 911 attacks.

A small eager boy just walked in and squirted me with his water gun.  He has grown so smart.  I heard him pull a kitchen chair to the sink and fill the gun with water.  I  am amazed by his talents every day.  I do not know what his future will be but I know it is brighter without such an evil man on earth.  I hope JAC lives with dignity and courage and  I pray that God will deliver swift justice to all who prey on the weak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home