THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Miami

I feel a bit like the mother of a teenager.  JAC has slept all morning.  It is now ten and he is still snoozing away.  I think he is recovering from all of the fun we had in Miami.

JAC and I had a blast in Miami.  My brother lives on South Beach only a few blocks from the beach.  We enjoyed morning runs along the ocean and hours digging in the sand.  South Beach felt like a completely different planet and some of my best memories will be exploring with JAC.  JAC was an exceptional travel companion.  He held my hand as we walked for miles watching the ocean or exploring back neighborhoods.  He embraced the adventures of public transportation with enthusiasm. 

JAC never enjoyed the waves.  Even as a baby the water has scared him but we built sand castles and played at beach side parks.  In the late afternoon thunderstorms would roll in and we would stop for gellato and wait out the rain.





Vacations are supposed to be a diversion from your normal life and our trip to Miami fit the bill.  I let JAC stay up way past his bed time and threw the schedule out the window.  We had a blast and I'm so thankful for our wonderful hosts Quinn and Lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home