THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Quite a Bargain

Spring is slowly breaking through here in D.C.  As I type this my kitchen windows are open and a mockingbird is happily chirping from a nearby bush.  Spring in D.C is absolutely lovely.  The dogwoods are beginning to blossom and the cherry trees will be next.  Hopefully these warmer temperatures and new colors will break me out of the winter doldrums.  I'm ready to spend countless hours in the sun.

I don't care if you're Super mom.  All parents make a few bargains with their children.  Last year JAC decided he hated our running stroller.  He actually broke the harness attempting to escape mid run.  This behavior was exceptionally annoying so I made a bargain with JAC.  If he would sit in the stroller quietly while I ran for 45 minutes we would finish our run with a trip to the park.

The arrangement has worked out well.  Our usual running park is near a small stream.  After we play a bit JAC likes to throw rocks in the water.  This can occupy him for hours.  When the summer heat and humidity takes over JAC and I wade up to our waists and cool off.  We chunk lots of rocks and are thrilled by the resulting splash!

Today I sat back and took pictures while JAC tossed rocks in the water.  It is great to have a new camera and it is wonderful to get to spend hours at the park again.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home