THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Every Day Cook

Sometimes I hate the "Foody" movement.  I'm talking about those people who love to cook and love special ingredients.  I'm talking about the constant din of "organic and local."  Occasionally I wish someone would herald the "Every day cook."  I'm talking about those parents who cook simple, wholesome, cheap dinners nightly.  I'm talking about cooks who don't need a recipe and don't purchase special ingredients at the store.  Everyday cooks make delicious meals from underrated shelf stable.

I consider myself and "Every Day Cook." I cook every day. I can cook about 45 different meals without effort but the sames ones seem to stay on the menu. I'm a bit bored of my own cooking. I went grocery shopping today and spent 160 dollars for a menu of 15 meals and some needed basics (milk, cereal, bread etc.). I have listed the menu below. Take a look. I would love your ideas for everyday meals. This list could use some additions.

1. Homemade pizza ( I make the dough, put it in the freezer and wing it.)
2. Beef stir fry
3. Soft Tacos
4. Roasted whole chicken ( I use the leftover for other meals)
5. Chicken Alfredo
6. Chicken Pot Pie
7. Orange Marmalade glazed pork chops
8. Potato soup
9. Spaghetti
10. Green chili pork stew
11. Ham and cheese quiche
12. BBQ Meatballs
13. Beef and vegetable stew
14. Beans and Cornbread

Other Things I typically cook:
Beef Strogonauf
Chicken Tangine
Pot Roast - leftovers turned into BBQ
Pan Fired pork chops
Chicken Soup
Kabobs
Meatloaf
Chicken Spaghetti
Taco Salad
Posole
Sausage and Fried Rice Stir Fry
Hobo Dinners (when I'm feeling lazy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home