THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Magic Number

This weekend I had a total and complete melt down.  I even cried a bit.  I think I was mainly just tired but in that moment I lost it.  Later that day I went on a run and when I came back my whole world seemed drastically more positive.  Running helps me be my best version of myself.  Something about the endorphins, repetitive motion, and being outside sorts out the thoughts in my brain.  It feels like a complete relief.

It has been a cold winter and after much experimentation I have come to a determination. 40 is a magic number. If it is below 40 it doesn't matter if you dress your kid in twelve layers he will hate riding in the jogging stroller for 45 minutes. In fact within 10 minutes he'll be a crying snot cover mess and you will feel overwhelmingly guilty and return home. You will sigh sadly and wonder why you made the effort to even dress everyone in twelve layers and get out the door.

40 is a magic number. It holds the key to my running happiness and I am excited to announce that the weatherman has promised 3 days this week with a temperature of 40. It's not San Diego or Miami but I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home