THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Cards

I have never sent out Christmas cards.  Truthfully I've always thought they were a little overrated.  I think the only thing worse than worse than Christmas cards are those horrible Christmas letters.  The letters always feel like a one page boast session.  I am still waiting for a Christmas letter to say something like, "We all gained 20 pounds this year and it turns out all my children are average."

Alas, Jess does not share my reservations about Christmas cards. He loves to receive Christmas cards and he would love to send some out this year. On Veterans Day as we viewed the monuments several people offered to take a quick family snapshot for us. One talented tourist managed to take the best family photo we have ever had. I like the picture so much that I plan on actually using it for our family Christmas cards this year.

What are your opinions on Christmas Cards? Are they a waste of time? I heard the Post Office will be selling pre-stamped Christmas cards next year. Would you pay extra for the convenience?

If you are a Christmas card person please check out this link. Shutterfly is giving away 50 free Christmas cards if you register on their site.
Shutterfly Give Away

6 Comments:

At November 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous Jill H said...

Pretty much a waste of time and money. The family picture ones are nice, but I don't see the point unless the family has kids.I have never sent Christmas cards and I'm pretty sure this is why I never was excepted into the cool/popular group when we were in IA. It was like a social norm in that group and I refused to be pressured. It could also have been because I don't run marathons due to join problems... Who knows who cares.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hahaha! Jill, I love your comments. I'm really glad you're in our family.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

P.S. People who run marathons are jerks!

 
At November 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Jill said...

I love Christmas cards! And I loved them even before I had kids. I save the cards people send us and look at them every year when I pull out all my Christmas stuff, it's fun seeing how people change through the years. I also save our cards in a special file so we will be able to look back at ourselves and how much our family changes.

 
At November 16, 2010 at 6:30 AM , Anonymous Jill H said...

What does that say about you and Jesse, Toni? ;) Or is that just what you experienced when running yours?

 
At November 16, 2010 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hahaha! That was a joke. Actually I have loved all my running buddies but I think anyone who takes a hobby too seriously can quickly become self-centered.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home