THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Adventure!





This week JAC went with me to vote.  As we waited in line I discussed the importance of voting.  JAC ate a chocolate chip cookie and drooled.   Today I thought it might be the perfect opportunity to teach JAC about our founding documents.  We rode the metro into town and stopped by the National Archives.

I am sad to admit that the last time I went to the National Archives I was 12. It was time for another visit. I was pleasantly surprised. They hosted one of the best interactive history exhibits in town. It really is amazing how many archives are maintained. We saw old photographers, patent documents, and heard audio recordings of congressional debates and Teddy Roosevelt. It really was well done.

Of course my personal highlight was seeing the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. I think JAC liked pushing the elevator button and riding the metro escalator. JAC was also crazy about the statue at the metro stop.

It was a fun day but you could not take pictures in the National Archives so our trip is not well documented. We didn't bring our stroller because taking a stroller on the metro is a akin to getting dental work done. JAC wanted to be carried all day and I'm exhausted. I'm off to take a nap. It's one of the perks of the job. Happy Friday Everyone. I hope you have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home